Saturday, April 21, 2012

Anatomy of a Playlist

So tonight, I was bored, and decided I was going to throw together a "Guilty Pleasure Saturday Night Song List" for shits and giggles because I was flipping through some channels and a Black Eye Peas song  came on and they are definitely one of my guilty pleasure bands.  So this got me thinking...I should put together a "Going Out to Par-tay" compilation, even though I am by no means going anywhere, because I'm all old and stuff. But I was in the mood to listen to some music, which is a rarity for me;  I'm more of a visual tv/computer type of person.  So I was gathering together a bunch of fun videos from You Tube and the more I surfed, the more I came across songs that were not necessarily guilty pleasure, or bouncy fun, but songs that I just felt like listening to.  And then I realized...I was putting together a playlist that directly corresponds to a night out of partying and drinking...and lasts through that happy drunk until you get to the sloppy, pathetic emotional drunk that is warbling along off-tune and annoyingly from the backseat of the car as they are driven home at the end of the night...not that I would know anything about that.  Check the list below and see if you can pinpoint that exact moment when one screwdriver too many was had...






























 



And cue the waterworks.  Ah, memories....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough stalking, start talking!