Monday, May 21, 2012

L.A.Z.Y. I Ain't Got No Alibi

So, I'd like to report that yesterday's "get up and go" experiment was completed with a  moderate to high success ratio and though it's too early to tell, today looks like it may be heading in the same direction.

Meaning that I am up, I am bathed, and I am drinking my caffeine infused water.

Yesterday, I was so highly motivated that I actually got some things done.  Laundry, trip to the Wu-Mart to replenish household supplies, McD's, made dinner for the Rottenator, new sheets on bed, relatively early  bed-time.

Mmmm?  What?  Oh, yeah.  Mickey D's.  Well...yeah.  The whole eating thing is still a frustrating mystery to me.  I can't get a handle on it, but okay, I've come up with a plan of action similar to my cleaning one so I can at least put some things into perspective.

Again, a near effortless, free, barely life altering tip to control my eating: write down EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth (excluding those bugs that poop in your mouth while you're sleeping.  Have you read about this?  What the FUCK?!)

Now, there's no excuse not to do this.  It's not like the old days where you're whipping out a notebook and pen in front of your nosey waiter at the restaurant and adding up points.  This is the generation of smart phones, people.  Instead of rudely texting other people while enjoying your dinner with co-workers and/or loved ones, you can just be tabulating every mouthful of blooming onion slathered in special sauce that you've just devoured (and by quantity I mean "one" should not mean an entire onion, Kathleen).

I think actually seeing a list (damn, I do love my lists) of everything I've ingested during the course of a day will help me visualize exactly what I'm consuming, and sitting down at night and adding up the calories of said morsels will make me more aware of the amount of calories I'm eating, and the hope is, the amount will be so surprising/staggering, that I will take MORE effective steps to reduce my food intake and thus speed along my weight loss.

So, I'm not going to change what I eat...yet...I'm just going to make myself more AWARE of how much I'm eating, and how many calories I'm accumulating in one 24 hour period.  Oh, and I'm also going to track how much water I'm drinking too, because I figure as craptacular as I will feel upon staring at the lengthy list of unnecessary potato chips I've shoveled into my mouth, I can at least pat myself on the back for the amount of water that I've guzzled.  And perhaps I will allow myself an extra Reeses White Chocolate peanut butter cup because of this.  Because I'm all about the rewards system, people.

How I'm feeling today:


(To post on the fridge as a kindly reminder to myself.  And if other members of the household also take note, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough stalking, start talking!