Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Intro-perspective

This post was originally going to be a lengthy discussion about how I think organized religion really is just a crock of shit.  About how those self-righteous old fogies and bitties sitting in the front pews telling you that you're going to hell for not accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior are actually the same ones cheating on their spouses, stealing money from the collection plate, gossiping about their neighbors, and passing judgement on the rest of the world.




But actually, one of the few things I have come to realize in my 40 years on this earth is that you never argue religion or politics with anyone.  Because all reason flies right out the window, and you just end up frustrated, full of rage, and stabby.

Which is ridiculous because it all boils down to one thing, and I think this scene from the immortal Saving Private Ryan sums it up perfectly:




How I feel today: see above.  Am I a good person?  I continuously ask myself this same question  and unfortunately, I still don't have a definitive answer.  But at least I do ask the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough stalking, start talking!