Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

However, I've never been good at that: waiting, that is.  I'm more of an immediate gratification type of gal.

Which has cost me endless hours, months, and quite possibly years of stress, anxiety, and heart ache.

But there are times like this when, although I wouldn't say the prolonged waiting period wasn't torturous, the ensuing payoff is quite wonderful.

This is one of those times.  After two months (the Rottenator will tell you it felt like longer than that), I will once again join the ranks of the huddled, teeming, and in this case, washed, masses of the regularly employed.

And for that I am grateful, and relieved, and quite frankly, I feel quite blessed.  Blessed to the point where I feel I need to make an Oscar speech:

"I'd like to thank the endless support of my loving family who have supported me throughout this and are here with me today to cheer my awesomeness and to join me in saying, 'God damn right, you GO, girl, you earned this mother fucker!'"

Because, yes, I have been blessed.  And yes, my past struggles are of my own doing, but I did earn this.  I worked at it, and here it is:  a fresh start at the age of 40.  That's fine with me.  I'll take it.  More than that, I will be thrilled, and grateful, and make the most of it.

The more you grow...

In the words of the immortal George Michael and Axel Rose, the two most important things you need in life are this:

and this:

Jesus, my posts lately are definitely showing my age, and my seemingly horrible taste in music.  Let me assure you:  I have impeccable taste in everything.

Testify!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough stalking, start talking!