Friday, July 20, 2012

Flower Power

Remember this?  Yeah, well, this is the result of all my blood, sweat & tears:


That's it.  Out of the hundreds, nay, thousands, of seeds I planted a single flower bloomed.



I'm not even gonna post a picture of my disgusting mosquito-infested swamp pond.  Needless to say, the incessant heat and lack of rain this season has not been kind to my garden.

 

Maybe next year.

So, the new Batman movie opened last night:





and unless you've been living under a rock for the past 24 hours, you know about what went down in Colorado at the midnight premiere. And all I have to say about that is...what the fuckity fuck America?  Jesus Christ, seriously?!?!  Other than that, words fail me.  Everyone from the news media to the person sitting in the cube at work next to you has a theory/thought/opinion on this and what should happen next, and how it should be handled to the point that I'm not even going to get into it here because this is not that kind of blog or forum for dealing with something so horrific and tragic.  And, obviously, it has nothing to do with me, so, therefore, I shall move on.  Other than to say that I just...don't...get...it.

That being said, the Rottenator and I are going to see the movie tomorrow (what's that you say?  Two date nights in two three weeks?  That must be some kind of record?  It is!) and I am still looking forward to it mostly because the Rottenator doesn't have a lot of things he gets excited about (other than Alabama football) but this is one of them, so it should be a good day...and I will try to ignore the very slight feeling of apprehension I'm getting over the thought of possible copycats hanging outside the theatre waiting to mow us down.  If it's our time to go, it's our time.  If it's my time...I shall try to use the Rottenator as a shield as much as possible.

I hope you all have good weekends, too, and I wish you many happy date nights of your own.

My Mood Ring(tone) Of The Day: (is totally random, but this song just popped into my head while I was at work today and I remembered how much I love it).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough stalking, start talking!