Saturday, August 18, 2012

Modern Family Reunion

Yes, today was the much anticipated family reunion that I have been looking forward to for weeks, and it was all that and a bag of chips.  Or, more specifically, all that and a yummy bucket of Frogmore Stew, potato salad and entertaining relatives.

It couldn't have been nicer.  It was in honor of my aunt's 75th birthday and her son hosted it at his gorgeous house and we all showed up looking our most gorgeous selves and it was SO much fun to reminisce, eat, laugh, reconnect, and catch up on what we've all been up to the past few decades.

I wish I had more pictures but my phone camera sucks, and I don't have a real camera, so I'll have to await pics posted by my sister before I can update and steal them, but in the meantime I will post two that I have stolen from my cousin...or should I say, my long lost sister.

My real sis, cousin-sister, and me!


 See, that shorty in the middle is our cousin Miss Priss as she is affectionately known, and she's actually our double cousin because her mom is our mom's cousin, and her dad is our father's brother, so I guess it's safe to say our family tree doesn't branch out too far.  Hey, we are Southern.

Don't we look beautiful though?  This is only an example of the beauty present at the reunion.  Here is the first generation, brothers and sisters from whom we have all inherited our good looks, our biting sarcasm, our wit and humor, our downright orneriness at times, and our excessive sweat glands and unruly hair.

The OG Originals
No, we are not perfect, and we have our foibles and faults, but I love these people with all my heart.

There were no wrinkles, no gray hairs, expanded waistlines, old standing feuds, or petty disagreements present.  There was just...family.  And it was beautiful.

I wish my crappy camera could have done justice to the beautiful flower arrangements on the tables, but you'll have to take my word that they were spectacular as well.

But alas, there was no tunafish gravy.  But maybe next time.  And as a promise to my uncle, I'll work a little harder to regain my Southern accent and stop sounding so much like a damn Yankee.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend.  I'm off tomorrow on a business trip to the NJ/NYC area.  The Rottenator and the Nooge will be left without supervision yet again...god help us all...more specifically, God help my house...and the Nooge.  I hope it's not too much like Thunderdome.

My Mood Ring(tone) of the Day (in preparation for my trip):








No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough stalking, start talking!