Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tuesday Recipay...

So, I'm cheating because I actually made this Friday night, but I haven't had a chance to share it before now because the Rottenator and I enjoyed a mini weekend-vacay which was much needed.  And even though it wasn't without its occasional spats, it was still enjoyable.

But moving on...behold: Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo (aka: 50 ways to clog your arteries):

Serves four (if you serve with a Caesar salad and garlic bread):

1 box fettuccine noodles, prepared according to directions
1/2 c butter (one stick)
8oz pkg cream cheese, room temp, cut into four pieces
1 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 T. garlic powder (or to taste)
black pepper, to taste
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
2 c. fresh broccoli florets
2 T. mayonnaise (or enough to coat chicken pieces)
Italian seasoning blend (like Ms. Dash)

Directions:

Boil pasta according to box directions (12-14 min for fettuccine noodles); in the last four minutes, add broccoli florets, drain, and set aside.

Heat skillet to medium.

In a small bowl, combine chicken pieces, Italian seasoning, and mayo, stir to coat.  Add mixture to skillet and saute until chicken is well cooked and browned through; 8-10 min (the mayo keeps it moist).

Place chicken to the side and in the same skillet, melt your stick of butter; once melted, add your cream cheese slowly, incorporating it into the melted butter.  Just stir around until the cream cheese is melted; it won't be a smooth sauce until:

You add the cream; keep stirring until this mixture gets smooth; you may want to use a whisk; I didn't have to, the sauce was smooth enough for us, and then I added the grated Parmesan cheese and stirred around until the cheese got melty.

And then I added the chicken pieces and made sure that everything was all mixed together.

And then that big pot that I originally cooked the noodles and broccoli in: I put the noodles and broccoli back into it, and poured the chicken alfredo sauce all over it and mixed until it was a delicious pile of cheesy buttery goodness.

And indeed, I did serve it with garlic bread and a simple salad.  And the heavens rejoiced.  It was pretty damn awesome.

Meanwhile, the new Dr. Who was announced!

I am still partial to David Tennant, sorry.  Sometimes I just can't let go of the past, but I'm okay with that...which is why I'm going to DragonCon in a t-shirt that celebrates a show that has been off the air for ten years. 

Because I am a traditionalist.

Mood Ring(tone) Of the Day:







2 comments:

  1. I am surprised at how many Dr. Who fans are out there! I can't stand Dr. Who but my kids love it.

    ReplyDelete

Enough stalking, start talking!