Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Day So Far...

I woke up, threw some shrimp & fries in the oven for the Rottenator's breakfast, then talked about how I really needed to clean my house today.

Then I took a nap.

Then I woke up, ate all kinds of chocolate and chips and drank soda (diet, natch), had a few cigarettes, thought AGAIN about how I needed to clean my house.

Then I sat down in front of my computer & started weeding through my backlog of recorded trashy reality tv shows that have been clogging up my DVR.

That was about 6 hours ago.  I thought again about how this freakin' house really needs to get cleaned**so I walked into the kitchen and stared at the sink of dirty dishes in disgust, then remembered...OMG, I have a dishwasher!  See, there's only two of us, and I wash dishes at least twice a day, so there's really not a need to run the dishwasher, but I'll be damned if I didn't load up that bad boy with one bowl, one glass, one pan, one plate (the Rottenator strikes again) and press the button!

And only felt a LITTLE bit like I was cheating.  I'll live.  Now, I'm passively-aggressively watching Nooge chew on the cords to the Rottenator's favorite headphones without administering any kind of corrective discipline.  This is payback for his "it's not the end of the world for fuck's sake!" comment when it appeared that El Diablo Gatito had broken my printer.

Really?  We'll see about the end of the world when it's your precious Xbox headset, buddy.  Good luck talking smack to all of your NCAA Football friends now.

Geek.

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure the rest of my day and night is going to continue on this path.  And let me just say...best day ever, quite frankly.

And needed.  I've been stressed the fuck out for the past three weeks between work and new destructive kitten at home, and I've not taken a day off which has made me pretty much an intolerable bitch and I was pretty much convinced that I would never be able to relax again.

Well, I proved myself wrong!  I am one relaxed heifer.  And I will probably go to bed early and snore so hard I will awaken only to find myself in a puddle of my own drool, and it will be awesome.

Now, I'm off to enjoy some pizza casserole, finish off a bag of fun-sized snickers for dessert, drink a huge glass of milk, and call it a day.

And get prepared for another stressful week.  The Rottenator's got some business to take care of out of town, and I need to start getting ready for the trip to the Lone Star State, so...I'll be glad when this month is over, lemme tell you.

I needed today.

My Mood Ring(tone):

You know how you hear a song and it triggers a memory?  A car driving past the house today was BLASTING this song, and it made me smile and also think of one of my favorite shows ever, hidden gem "Freaks and Geeks".

Embarrassing confession: this song also makes me tear up.




**Now before you go thinking that I live in a pigsty, let me just say that I'm kinda OCD about my house, meaning that a smudge or a dustbunny will make me scream filth, so it's probably not that bad.  See what I'm doing here?  Justifying my laziness to an internet full of strangers because I must be perfect and everyone has to like me.  Eh, c'est la vie.

1 comment:

  1. I have do nothing days every so often. I stay in my pyjamas all day long and then maybe get dressed to go out for fast food. I come home, have a bath then go to bed. BLISS!

    ReplyDelete

Enough stalking, start talking!