Thursday, June 20, 2013

I'm Like King Midas In Reverse. Everthing I Touch Turns To Shit

First of all, holy crap, this makes me sad:

I loved Tony Soprano, and beyond that, James Gandolfini.  He was amazing.

So, what have I been up to?  Not much.  On Saturday, whilst cooking up frozen sausage links, I managed to flip them in such a way that the frozen meat combined with the hot grease that splattered all over me and therefore, gave me huge blisters and burn marks all over my face.

Needless to say,  I was unhappy.  It's amazing how much my sense of vanity kicked in when "faced" with the fact that I may have to go out in public with pretty obvious burn marks all over my face.

I felt like this:

It was a weird sensation; usually, I am so concentrated on how ashamed I am of my body, to have visible markings on my face, that really threw me for a loop, to have my face "disfigured"...yes, it made me realize how superficial I am, in that I took advantage of my sick time at work and just managed my way in today, when I was able to cover everything up with makeup.

And side note: I highly recommend Neosporin.  It is like Noxzema in the way that it is a miracle worker.  Sometimes the old remedies are the best; they are tried and true for a reason. I am nearly all healed up and able to cover everything with make up.

So, what else:  once again, I realized that when the Rottenator and I are forced to spend extra time together, I am filled with murderous rage.  In that: truthfully, it was his time to enjoy himself at home and I was the unwelcomed intruder, but in the other sense, I was significantly unhappy with the fact that we spent 48 hours watching ESPN and old Alabama football games on YouTube.  I am again trying to deal with the fact that we have nothing in common but we still try to  make sacrifices because God knows, we do love each other when it comes down to it.

Other thoughts: my happy pills: they seemed to be working at first but now I just feel angry and confrontational about my life...but at least I'm not depressed, right? I'm reserving judgement for at least two more weeks, but right now...I don't feel a significant difference.

My Mood Ring(tone) Of The Day...oh wait, I have two...



And now I'm in the mood for really good pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough stalking, start talking!